I have over ten years of experience in teaching, training, designing and facilitating groups.
I can offer training in the following areas:
(A full day course at a venue of choice or individual places are available in Bristol)
Electronic and paper copies of resources are sent to participants
- Understand the dynamics of domestic abuse and the impact on the victim
- Understand how to provide a supportive environment for disclosure
- Understand how service interventions can impact victims of domestic abuse
- Increase confidence in how to respond to a disclosure of domestic abuse and gain knowledge of referral pathways and specialist services
- Understanding ‘complex needs’ and ‘trauma’ and what this may mean for someone experiencing domestic abuse.
- Increase knowledge of risk assessment and safety planning
- Gain practical insights into making services safe and accessible for domestic abuse victims
Feedback from previous participants
It was great to get an overview of the different dynamics of domestic abuse and an understanding of why people remain in abusive relationships
I found discussing the difficulties for diverse groups to access services useful
It was useful to learn about resources, tools, services and language
Sarah was knowledgeable and approachable
The trainer was excellent and well prepared
I thoroughly enjoyed this training and found it useful and interesting
Domestic abuse training in health and social care settings:
Bespoke training for a variety of health and social care providers and professionals: These could include – acute or general hospitals, nursing homes, dentistry, home healthcare, rehabilitation centres, Allied Health Professionals, drug and alcohol support, housing, probation
Training packages include: the dynamics, demographics and epidemiology of domestic abuse. Recognising domestic abuse and asking the question. Risk assessment and safety planning in domestic abuse. Available options for patients experiencing domestic abuse. Making services accessible for clients including diverse groups.
For more information on available training, packages follow the links below.
Living Well Taking Control
Delivering groups to pre-diabetic patients using motivational interviewing techniques.