Hello. My name is Sarah, and this website is to help explain my background, expertise and passion for safe and ethical systems and processes, which have the flexibility and capacity to meet individual support needs.
I’m currently researching the impact of ‘elctronic patient health records’ on patients.
- I have fifteen years of experience working directly with potentially vulnerable client groups and have an understanding of the challenges they may encounter.
- A background in digital health and ‘electronic patient health records’
- A background in systems thinking and complexity science.
- An understanding of economics, health economics and ‘social return on investment
- Quantitative and qualitative research skills.
- Knowledge regarding complex interventions.
- A background in risk assessment, safety planning, safeguarding, collaborative and multi-agency working.
- Expertise in working with people who have come into contact with services unexpectedly and are more likely to have a pre-contemplative mindset towards service engagement.
- Experience of working in health and legal systems with a person-centred approach.
My work falls into these main categories:
, , , , , , , , , , , , , and Br J Gen Pract 2021; DOI:https://doi.org/10.3399/BJGP.2021.0426
Blake (2021) Diabetes: Is it time to flatten the curve?
Blake & Johnson (2019) Commissioning Guidance IRIS ADViSE. Assessing for domestic abuse in sexual health environments (available via IRISi)
Blake (2019) Diabetes and the digital divide: A patient’s perspective Published as a rapid response post BMJ
Fowler, J.P., Blake, S., & Mountford, G. (2018) Drive Mental Health Protocol: The Drive Project
Sohal H, Pathak N, Blake S, Berry J, Apea V, Griffiths C, Feder G. (2017) Improving the healthcare response to domestic violence and abuse in sexual health clinics: feasibility study of a training, support and referral intervention.
Woodman J, Sohal, A, Gilbert R, Feder G (2015) Online access to medical records, finding ways to minimise harms British Journal of General Practice
Natalia V Lokhmatkina, Gene Feder, Sarah Blake, Richard Morris, Victoria Powers and Stafford Lightman (2013) ‘Longitudinal measurement of cortisol in association with mental health and experience of domestic violence and abuse: study protocol’ LBMC Psychiatry
Blake S (2013) Eat, Pray, Love travel feature Balance diabetes magazine 2: 56-58
Andy Gibson and Sarah Blake ‘Public Involvement in Digital Health.’ Presentation at the NIHR Applied Research Collaborations (ARC) National Digital Health/ Applied Health Informatics meeting (6/ 09/2019)